Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Slice of Life Challenge- 3/7/18

       I sat on my couch and looked out the window to our backyard. I saw a squirrel sitting on our fence staring at me through the window. I recognized this squirrel because of its bright orange stomach. This was the squirrel that had run to our door and scratched on it until we opened and gave him some nuts and apples for days and days. As soon as I saw it, I rushed to the kitchen, cut a slice of apple and grabbed a pile of walnuts. Then, without even putting on a coat, I rushed out the door to see him sitting there, his eager eyes staring at me. He stood in his hind legs, begging for food. I kneeled next to him and gave him a walnut. He excitedly grabbed it and strated munching on it. I couldn’t believe this squirrel actually trusted us enough to let me practically feed it out of my hand. After he ate all the walnuts, I gave him the apple. This was his favorite treat. He snatched it up and ran around the corner of our deck. I rushed back in the house to get some more food for him and went back to wait for him to come back for more. A few minutes later, he rushed back up to me, almost coming into the house. I had to throw the nuts farther away so he wouldn't come into the house. I wish we could have let it in the house, but we didn’t know what it would do in there. After all, it was like we had a pet squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...