Thursday, April 25, 2019

SOL#18

“This is what deja vu must feel like”, I thought as I sat in my block three class just as I did the day before. I felt the hard, stone table that my hand rested on. and my ipad’s light shined in my eyes. I could hear the noise of screaming, laughing students around me, throwing a ball around the classroom. I wondered why my teacher lets his students be this crazy, as I had wondered the day before, and even the day before that. I felt as if this day had happened again and again. The only thing that changed was the date on the whiteboard. I sat, typing my slice of life of the day, as I had the day before, and for the past 17 days, typically in this class, but not always. Everyday, I write as fast as I can, then stop to read what I wrote. Then, I catch myself reading the same line I had just written again and again. I catch myself reading the same line I had just written again and again. I catch myself reading the same line I had just written again and again. Eventually, in these repeating hours, my teacher tells us to pack up our stuff, which I do, day after day after day. I found myself just wanting something to be different, even if it is something small. But, at this particular moment, it doesn’t. Or, at least I don’t notice it if it does. Soon, I was walking down the crowded halls heading to lunch, just as I had the day before. I walked with nobody, not being able to find my friends and just wanting to go eat. I get down to the lunchroom, which is actually called the “M.P.R”, and sit down, just as I did the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...