Sunday, April 21, 2019

SOL#12

I stood in the light of the bright sun behind the window shining on me. I was leaning on the wooden counter that swooped down into the metal sink. I saw the blinding sun shining onto the reflective metal and into my eyes. I was forced to squint front the uncomfortable blindness. I dipped my hands into the plastic container of warm, soapy water in front of me. I picked up a bowl out of the water and took the sponge and rubbed it against the hard plastic to take the rotting food of it and it fell to the bottom of the sink. I rubbed the soapy sponge against the bowl a few more times for good measure and placed the soapy, but now clean bowl into the second part of the sink next to the one that had the dirty dishes in it. I continued this process through more bowls, plates, forks, knives, spoon,and many more eating utensils. Once I was done there was a pile of soapy dishes in a pile in one section of the sink. I then turned on the hot water and it rushed out of the spout and on top of the dishes, washing the soap off. I tried picking one up to rinse the soap off the bottom, but the water touched my hand and it felt like it was being burned alive. I quickly pulled my hand away. I added some cold water and the temperature was okay at last. I rinsed off the dishes and lined them up to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...