Wednesday, April 24, 2019

SOL#17

As I ran down the steps to my back hall, I could feel the anxiety of possibly missing the bus rise to the back of my throat. I then pulled my backpack off the hanger at the bottom of the stairs and ran back up. It was only a few stairs but it felt like too many at this moment. I hopped from step to step, maneuvering my backpack out of the way of the walls on either side of my. Soon, I was back to my kitchen table and flung my backpack around me an on top of the table. I could feel the presence of my friend standing behind me, watching my struggle to not miss the bus and also not forget any of my school supplies. I stuffed my folder and pencil case into my backpack and quickly zipped it up, as I almost simultaneously swung it around to onto my back. Then, I remembered that I needed my windbreaker, so I pushed my backpack off me as it flung to the floor. I ran back down the stairs to get my light jacket, pulled it on, and ran back up the stairs, zipping my jacket and running as fast as I could without looking absolutely ridiculous, although I am sure that I did. I then flung my backpack on me and grabbed my ipad and ipad bag as I rushed out the door after my friend and my mom. We all walked to the driveway and my mom saw us off to the bus stop. We ran down the alley and took a turn to see that the bus had not yet come and we were free to walk the rest of the way. We walked, gasping for air and trying to cool ourselves down from the dash down the street. We finally got to the bus stop, about to wait another ten minutes until the bus came. I wished I would have just stopped the rush and breathed while at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...