Thursday, May 2, 2019

Tuesdays With Morrie Blog

“The Fifth Tuesday: We Talk about Family” was the most impactful on me because I could relate to it the most. It is important to talk about family because family is always there for you and they should be the closest people in the world to you. Family is who we rely on and family is the reason we live the way we do. Our family is who impacts our lives the most and makes us become the people we become. As Morrie said, “The fact is, there is no foundation, no secure ground, upon which people may stand if it isn’t the family.” Family is typically who keeps you through life, and if it isn’t for your family, you will fall. Throughout this chapter of Tuesdays With Morrie, Morrie explains to Mitch that if it wasn’t for his loving, caring family, he would fall, and let his sickness take over him. “Love each other or perish”, Morrie explained. I can relate to these words, because if I feel like I am not loved, and I would surely feel like I am dying, because love is how we keep going on in life. Even through just reading these sentences, I am impacted by the words of it. I become thankful for my family and for all the love that I have. I also develop empathy for those who have no love, or have no family. This is most likely what Morrie felt as he said these words many, many years ago.

Another point Morrie brings up is how wonderful it is to make a family. He says, “There is no experience like having children.” This aspect of this chapter doesn’t relate to me very much, since at this point in my life, I am a child myself. But, the ending part of it impacted me, Morrie says, “Even though there is a price you have to pay… Because I’ll be leaving them soon.” I worry about my family leaving me in this way, or I leaving them. The fact that someone else feels this way makes me feel better in a way. I know that I have to love them and appreciate them while I can, as Morrie told Mitch in this chapter. While Mitch is talking to Morrie about family, he starts to reflect back on his own family. He thinks about his siblings, his parents, and in particular, his brother. He reflects on how his relationship with his brother isn’t what he wants it to be. While reading this, I started to reflect on my own family. I thought about my own younger brother. We fight sometimes but we know that we love each other. As Morrie said, “Without love, we are birds with broken wings.” I feel like I know what Mitch went through because my brother and I have gone through that too at times. I am just glad that I have love, or ai would not be able to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...