Monday, April 15, 2019

SOL#8

The teacher came and tapped on our table signaling for us to go up and get lunch. So I got up and started walking to the line. Seconds later, I was there and I leaned up against the wall, waiting for the line to move. A few of my friends were next to me, but we didn’t talk. We just stood there, hungry and waiting. Finally, we were at the medium sized black cart with the plastic window covering the hot food. To me, all this food looked and smelled disgusting. The macaroni and cheese looked brown. The hot dogs were tinted a light green color and the nachos seemed very… cheesy. So, I skipped this part and signaled to the lunch lady that I wanted a cold lunch by pointing at the car next to this one. It was identical to the one that was currently in front of me, but didn’t have the plastic window blocking me from the food. I got to that second cart and took a sunbutter and jelly sandwich from the black plastic holder and put it into my empty tray. Then I took a juice and straw package and leaned in to say something to the lunch lady. I told her my id number because I had forgot my id and she needed to mark me down for getting lunch. Once she heard me, I walked off to my table to eat my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...