Monday, April 8, 2019

SOL#1

I sit on the couch behind the television working frantically on my math homework trying to get it done by the next day. My guinea pig, Andrea is sitting next to me, almost asking me to pet her. So I do, putting the homework aside for now. My full attention is on my pet. Then I start to think about the day and what happened in each block. Then something pops in my head that I had forgotten to do. I quickly get back on my ipad and scroll through the apps to find google docs. I quickly open a new presentation and title it, “sol 1”. I know this stands for “slice of life 1”. Then I press the little blue button on the right hand side of the screen and watch as the keyboard pops up. I think for only a couple of seconds before I know exactly what I will type. I press the first letter. It is an “I” and after this one the letters pour out of my fingers and onto the screen. My mind works hard to write each letter, each sentence and do it on time for me to get a decent amount of sleep. Soon I feel that I may have enough and I could possibly stop and just go to bed. I hear in the background my family talking softly to one another. Although I know I should be fast asleep, I continue to type and just can’t stop. Maybe soon I will be able to take a rest and breathe again, knowing I have completed this challenge for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...