Sunday, April 22, 2018

Favorite Poem

I don’t really have a favorite poem but I have a favorite poet. My favorite poet is Shel Silverstein. His poetry is combined with words and illustrations that make the poem funny. I think most good poems should have a picture to go along with it, to help you understand the meaning of it. This is one of my favorite of his poem:
This poem might not make as much sense or be as funny without the picture. Most of Shel Silverstein’s poems are limericks. “limerick is a poem that is often silly or whimsical, written in five lines with an AABBA rhyme scheme. Often, limericks tell a short, humorous story.” I think that is why I like Shel Silverstein’s poetry, I like humorous things better than serious things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...