Thursday, December 7, 2017

Slice of life- A normal day

      Every week day, I get up in the morning and get ready for the bus which leaves at 7:15. Lately, when I put on my coat and open the door, a blast of cold wind hits my face. When I walk outside, I see the green grass has gotten a shade of white from the frost. Usually, I hear the big garbage truck coming down our street, picking up everyone’s trash. As I run down the alley to the bus stop, I feel the cold wind on me, as I struggle to run so I don’t miss the bus. Once I get to the corner, I can see the bus stop, with all the kids, talking and waiting quietly for the bus to arrive. Once we wait there for a while, we can hear the loud sound of the yellow schoolbus coming around the corner.  We can faintly see the other kids already sitting in the hard, grey seats of the bus. Once the bus gets to our stop and opens the door, we all pile in. Since the schoolbus is very small, sometimes kids need to sit in between the seats or cramped into a seat. The bus ride to school doesn’t take very long though. Sometimes the bus gets stopped by a train and that’s when we might be in there longer than expected. Whenever the bus makes a stop, we jolt foward, sometimes hitting our heads on the backs of the seats. When we get to the school, everyone gets out of the bus in one straight line. Once everyone gets out of the bus, the front of the school is full of activities. I can hear lots of shouts and laughter while everyone runs around, having fun before school starts. Then, after lots of kids arrive and the front of the school is packed, they let everyone into the gym. There we wait until it is time for school to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...