Wednesday, November 8, 2017

My Favorite animal

      Whenever I’m asked what my favorite animal is, I am always sure of what my answer is. Without a doubt, my favorite animal is a guinea pig. Yes, almost two years ago I might not have even known what a guinea pig was, but now I am crazy about them. I have two pet guinea pigs, and (besides fish) they are the only pets I’ve ever had. Even though guinea pigs are rodents, they are actually pretty intelligent. Guinea pig can be taught tricks, such as, standing on their hind legs, turning in a circle, jumping over things, and much other stuff. Their life span is 5 to 8 years. Here is a fun fact about guinea pigs. “It is not known where the name guinea pig came from. Guinea pigs do not come from Guinea,Africa, and they do not look like pigs. Some people believe that guinea pigs were given the guinea part of their name by Spanish sailors. The sailors sold Guinea pigs for one gold coin, known as a guinea. Stories also say that the animals were given the pig part of their name because they squeal like pigs.” I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post. If you want to know more about guinea pigs, here’s a link,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your post this week! Good research and thank you for attaching a link to read more about them.

    ReplyDelete

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...