Sunday, February 4, 2018

Slice of Life- 12/25/17

       Our Christmas morning started at 4:00 AM. This Christmas we slept in the living room by the tree, on a mattress next to our heater. I awoke to the sound of my mom getting a glass of water in the middle of the night. I saw the presents under our tree and I couldn’t help but getting up. I went to the kitchen to beg my mom if I could open just one present. She was hesitant but once my brother woke up, there was no saying no to that. My dad was still asleep so my brother and I just opened gifts from each other. My mom also opened the gifts from us. After that, I fell back asleep on the mattress next to my mom who had fallen asleep while we were opening presents. Isaac insisted on staying up and building a lego set he just got. I woke again at 6:30. My brother was still working on the LEGO set and everybody else was sleeping. I woke up my mom and told her what time it was. She said at 7:00 I could wake up my dad to open the rest of the presents. I sat for a half an hour and read one of the new books I got. Once it was 7:00, we woke up my dad and opened the rest of our gifts. I spent the rest of Christmas morning reading and hanging out with my family. At noon, we went to church. It was a great Christmas Day so far, I couldn’t wait for what we would do the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a really good Christmas Day! I'm also glad you used it as a Slice of Life post. Thank you for sharing your post this week.

    ReplyDelete

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...