Friday, May 17, 2019

Morrie Aphorism blog

An aphorism from Tuesdays With Morrie is “... Love is how you stay alive, even after your gone.” This aphorism is saying that love is how we stay alive, even if you are just a memory of love. Morrie was saying that love is what we revolve around and if people love you, you will always be in their memories and they will always love you. And, when your memory is there, you are there. So, if you were loved when you were living, you will be loved once you are dead. Because, being loved is being alive. This aphorism may not just be talking about death, though. When you are loved, you are in the thoughts of your loved ones every time you are not with them. If you are just not home, or if you are on vacation, your loved ones will be thinking of you and loving you, and in a way, you are there.

I can relate this aphorism to a personal experience of mine, as can practically everyone since it is so relevant in life all the time. My personal experience may be different from other people’s, but the idea is still the same with this aphorism. A few months ago, I had a pet die. I loved her so dearly and was devastated when she was gone. But, through my love with her, I can feel her still alive in my mind and in my heart. This shows how this aphorism is relevant and true. With love, even if someone is gone, they are still alive. This aphorism shows how if your love is true, you will keep that love with you forever.

I agree with the aphorism “... love is how you stay alive, even after you’re gone.” because I can relate it to my everyday life. I can relate it to I being the one that remembers the people who are gone, because of love. If I didn’t love someone and now they are gone, they become extinguished from my memory and they are no longer alive to me. But, if I love someone, I remember them in my mind and I know they are alive in my heart and alive in my mind, even if they are dead. I can also relate this with how I treat others. I want to make people love me, so that once I am gone, I am still there in their hearts. This aphorism shows a phenomenon of everyday life, for everyone. If someone does good things in the world, and make people love them, they will be remembered daily because love makes people alive.


“All humans have one thing in common; that they are human” is my aphorism that I have made regarding to life. This aphorism is basically saying that everyone makes mistakes and I think it really summarizes life in general. People might feel sad because they think they are different than everyone else or because someone made them feel bad, but this aphorism would show them that they aren’t that much different from everyone else. And, just like they aren’t perfect, no one else is either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...