Friday, January 18, 2019

Quarter 2 Reflection

The end of quarter two is here, surprising but true. And with every end to something, we need to reflect on what happened, what we accomplished, and what we could have done better. One thing I think I improved in this quarter is writing. During this quarter, we had to write blogs, AoWs, and more. Since I got lots of practice with doing this, I’m sure I got better at least a little bit. When I look back at my blogs from quarter one and earlier, I do notice my blogs this quarter being longer and more in depth than before.

When I am asked the question, “ What has been the most challenging part of quarter two for you”, I can’t think of anything in particular. For ELA itself, I first thought, “ The thinglinks were no doubt the hardest thing I had to do this quarter.” But now that I think about it more, it seems like it was challenging at the time but it would be fairly easy to do it again if I needed to. The beginning of this quarter I barely remember, so I can’t say if anything was difficult, but it seems like I would remember if it was very bad. So I came to the conclusion that the most difficult thing for me to do this quarter was present my butterfly project. Since I’m a quiet person, it is hard for me to get up in front of the class and speak. But since I did it once, I can do it again. And, to help myself with this, I will try to overcome my shyness and not be nervous. This could also be considered a goal I have for quarter three and beyond.

It has been merely seventeen days since the new year, but it seems I have accomplished so much already. The first thing that comes into my mind is finishing my butterfly project, since it happened very recently and it took a while to finish. I also finally started a new book after reading the same book for about four months. The book is the first in The Land of Elyon series and it is part of a three book series, which will most likely be my life for the next year or two, so that might be considered an accomplishment. These are just a couple of my minor everyday accomplishments, which I’m sure everyone has.

During this past quarter, I have learned so much about the world, I can’t even bring it all into one paragraph. But, I can tell you the general ideas of what I have learned. The biggest thing I have learned about is The Holocaust, which makes sense since it was the main topic in ELA this quarter. During the reading of Night, a field trip to a Holocaust museum, and the watching of two movies, I became very acquainted with The Holocaust and learned a lot about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on Genocide Project

1- What is the most beneficial/most important thing you have learned throughout this project? Explain.         The most important thing ...